Friday, July 9, 2010


Becoming a Mommy with my Mommy!

I thought I was getting weekends off to relax and have some down time! Nope! Now we are just going, going, going! hehe. I'm not complaining though. I absolutely love it. I get to spend more time with my friends and family...but not all of them...So here's a shout out to my friends...you know who you are...Diana! Shannon! Ang! Let's get together. My place! BBQ! Swimming! Bring the Hubbies! (They're the ones grilling for us! hehe)

Okay...so since the last time I blogged...I have become a mommy! hahahaha! Her name is Bambi; she is just about 12 weeks old. She's sooo asorable and my favorite part is watching how Joey interacts with her. I just daydream about having our own children. BUT! Until then, our little Miniature Pinscher will do just fine!

My mom made me a mommy! She was in town a few weeks ago and we had a blast together! She brought her best friend Shay to town and we had a big BBQ at the house and swam! Joey's brother and cousins finally got to meet my mom! They all loved her of course. She's the sexy sister is what they called her since she looks like my sister, not my mom! haha

Well, she thought she would trick us into buying the puppy if my uncle brought it over. But we just didn't have the money...so my mom suckered herself into buying Bambi for us! And I didn't even have to ask! LOL. At least she can be satisfied with me not having kids of my own yet. Now she just asks how Bambi is doing! haha

Dad's Day!

So, my dad calls me the Friday before Father's day to tell me he's going to be in town and he wants to have everyone over for a BBQ! I'm so excited about this but worried that nobody would show up because it was so last minute. Joey and I called his parents and they said they would come. We called Joey's Brother and him and his fience Chrystal said they would come too! I was ecstatic! My brother, my papa, my dad and Joey's family! All Together! I love when that happens. It ended up being a wonderful day and my dad was so happy! He still talks about how thankful he was that everyone was able to show up on such a last minute notice. He really was touched. And I can't describe how it made me feel. Joey loved it too! Amazing!

The best part about it is, my dad's birthday is at the end of June and I thought for sure I wouldn't have been able to see him so I bought him a birthday cake on Father's day! But!...he ended up being in town on his birthday for a while and he watched me play my 2 soccer games back to back. How fun! Just like old times!


Bruno's Family
Soooo...a free weekend came up...so we thought...we were invited to Joey's brother, Justin's house for a BBQ. His roommates' family was in town visiting from Uruguay. We went swimming and ate GREAT FOOD. Okay, I even played Beer Pong for the first time. (It was mike's lemonade in my cups!) I kicked butt...even thought my team lost! LOL. I made the ball into their cup on my very first toss! Woohoo! (I should have quit while I was ahead!) It was just a great time that I felt was worth mentioning on here. :) Thanks to Bruno and his family for having us over to enjoy good times!



Independence Day!

So, this weekend started off being this huge Camping Trip planned out to the smallest detail....then everything got turned around when everyone started backing out because of work and other plans. Not to worry though. Joey and I just went with the flow. We are fortunate enought to have a great friend that lives at Bass Lake. She opened up her home to us and treated us like we were staying in a 5 star resort! She has no idea how special she made our weekend. She even allowed Bambi to come up! So, Joey, Bambi adn I went tup there Saturday afternoon. We BBQ'd with her an dher boyfriend Patrick and his friend Richard. They are all awesome! We had lots of laughs and lots of good food.




Sunday morning Joey, Bambi and I went down to the lake and got our feet wet. Yes, event little Bambi ran around on the beach and got her little feetsies wet! hehe. We walked to the stores right there at the Pines and Joey bought me a beautiful dress that I can't wait to wear on a date night! It was chap and from Bass Lake Market! hahaha. I'm just glad it fit...there were no changing rooms to try it on! LOL.

Then we grabbed some lunch and went back to Audra's (my friend) house. We relaxed for a bit and then decided that since the lake was over populated and we wouldn't have any 'privacy' on any of the beaches, that we would go lay out by the pool and go swimming too! 20 minutes and some baby oil later, I am pleased to say that I have a descent tan starting! Then I jumped in the pool! Bambi came in too! She knows how to doggy paddle...but she's too litle to even touch the highest step on the shallow end! hahaha
































Later that evening, around 7pm, we met back up with Audra. We hiked from her friend's palce up to the top of Mono Rock to watch the firework show from a bird's eye view! Let me tel you something...it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen with my own eyes. Even before the fireworks. The view was amazing. Seeing all fo the boats light up on the water, all coming together for the same thing...to celebrate our Freedom! What a sight...what a feeling...what an experience. I will never forget my 4th of July on Mono Rock for the first time ever!

























Needless to say, THANK YOU AUDRA, for making our weekend so special, simply by opening up your home to us and making memories with us! You are such a wonderful person! Joey and I owe a lot to you and Patrick! xoxoxox














1 comment:

Austin Lovelys said...

Thanks you guys for having us over yesterday! It was exactly what I needed!! Great food and wonderful company!! Loved it :)

I am so happy to see that you are enjoying life to the fullest! And I am so happy to see you at your happiest! Yay! Cheers for the both of you :)

Now we just have to pick a day to scrapbook this week!